Friday, April 11, 2014

4/11 by Jim Granier

2 Corinthians 4:11-12
For we who are alive are always being given over to death for Jesus’ sake, so that his life may also be revealed in our mortal body.  So then, death is at work in us, but life is at work in you.

When Lee E-mailed me to write something for the blog a lot went through my head, mostly fear. I set out to outline my thoughts and make a rough draft.  Then I participated in Journey with Jesus at last Wednesday nights PEAK. The first room I went to with my group was the Student Center where we sat down at tables in small groups then someone turned out the lights and a small black light revealed a blackboard filled with all types of sins. Wow I immediately  saw myself as not the follower of Jesus I like to think I am but as the person who all those words accurately describe,  why is that. We talked about sin and our weakness but I think it is just me choosing pride and ego over humility, anger and impatience over compassion. The next room I went to we hammered nails into wood and talked about sacrifice, His sacrifice, Jesus on the cross to pay for our sins. As I drove nails he was wiping my black board clean, as he has done many times in my life. 

Another Easter Sunday is just around the corner and I have eaten a lot of Sees chocolate bunnies I remember when they were solid. How will I make it different will I prune the things in me that need left behind. Give him praise for all the blessings? In disagreements lay down my sword of anger and seek to understand, communicate. I should love the people he has in my life today rather than embrace the hurt of those passed on. His grace and forgiveness is endless and is there waiting for us all of us. I know that to be true I learned it here at LCPC I am thankful to all of you for what your fellowship has given to me as I follow. I pray that this Easter as our church fills with those seeking and we are there with an answer.

No comments:

Post a Comment